What do we want? A UI/UX Designer!
We are on the lookout for a UI/UX Designer. Does this sound like you?
You have a keen interest in how user behaviour relates to design and you have experience translating these user needs and technical capabilities into visually compelling and easy to use designs. You want to create features that address the users’ needs and products that impact people’s lives.
Required: A portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web applications
- Lead the work across the design and development team to create a cohesive and functional design language that can be applied across our product.
- Participate in product ideation and conceptual development.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, colour palettes, typography and user interface elements.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including user interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale, both verbally and visually.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product owners, other designers, project management, and software developers.
OK, That’s me, but who are you?
DrDoctor is a fast-growing digital health company founded in 2012. Our technology improves appointment scheduling, increases clinic efficiency by reducing no-shows and fills empty slots. We save the NHS millions of pounds each year and are currently deployed across 22 major hospitals around the UK including Guy’s and St Thomas’ & Great Ormond Street. With over 7 million patients active on the platform already, we’re on a journey to deliver the tools to radically transform the delivery of health services to make healthcare work for everyone – for patients, doctors, administrative teams and tax payers.
Tell me more! Who will I be working with?
In this role you really will interact with every part of the business on a daily basis, even as we grow. But meet Matt:
Hi there my name is Matt and I've been working as a product owner at DrDoctor for nearly six months. I love the working environment here: we have some big problems that need creative solutions, and everyone just pitches in together to solve them, every voice gets heard. We have a great product built on solid tech, and over the next couple of years we need to manage the careful balance between making our product even more awesome while moving our platform onto a microservice architecture, API fronted and fully cloud-native. Software is never "done" - it's a journey, not a destination!
OK, I’m interested. What experience do I need to have?
- At least 3-5 years of user interface design experience.
- Strong and flexible skills in visual design and interaction design.
- Familiarity with web accessibility and awareness of native mobile capabilities and design systems.
- Awareness of emerging web capabilities, technologies and design frameworks, e.g. Responsive Design, Progressive Web Apps, Material Design and other such design systems.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as PhotoShop, Illustrator, and Invision.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphics design, interaction design, fine arts, or a related design discipline
We are perfect for each other, what are the next steps?
We are currently recruiting heavily and have a lot of CV’s to go through. However, we don’t wait for roles to close before going through your CV. We will be in touch in a few days to let you know if we think we might be a match, and if we are not. Unfortunately, because we get so many CV’s we are not able to send an individual response if its not a match. However, if you want more details as to why, just drop us a note and we will arrange to get some feedback over to you.
If it’s a match, then we will arrange a time to talk to you on a quick 30 minute call. It’s just an informal chat so you can relax! We will tell you more about the role, the team and why you should want to join us.
If we continue, then we will invite you in to meet the team and founders. Depending on your role we may also ask you to complete an assessment.
We get there are a lot of great roles out there, so we will make sure to get through the rounds as quickly as possible. All we ask is you keep us up to date with your plans.
I can’t wait to get started, what are the perks?
An awesome team? Ok, you want more?
Benefits include: Flexible working (work where you are at you best and at times where you are your most productive), 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, discretionary bonus, Summer rooftop party, Christmas extravaganza, yearly ski trip, yoga on a Monday and lunch and beer every other Friday!
Salary competitive and dependent on experience